Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Best. Game. Ever.

An AV Club post has alerted to me to what is quickly becoming my favorite thing ever: an 8-bit, old-school Nintendo-style video Great Gatsby video game. Seriously, this thing is amazing. Nick Carraway runs around and assaults people with his hat. And if you look around at the website, the whole set-up is extremely funny. I'm developing quite the crush on the guys who developed this thing. I haven't gotten very far in the game, as I am absolutely terrible at video games and quickly get bored with them. But nevertheless, I urge everyone to go out and give this one a try because it's very simple and a lot of fun. And then go out and Fitzgerald's novel because it's even better.

Enjoy!

The Great Gatsby Game

2 comments:

  1. I sent the link onto to all my literature nerd friends. I got through level one. I'm really wishing I had an xbox or ps3 controller to play it with, it would be much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. For some reason, I really struggle with playing on a regular keyboard.

    ReplyDelete