Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February 2011 in Review

Total Pages Read in February: 1,383

I didn't read as many pages in February as I did last month, which I could blame on the shorter month or the fact I was out of town two separate weekends. But honestly, it's just that I read shorter books. So sue me.

Once again, I didn't read any classics. However, I did read some poetry, including Richard Siken's Crush, which is one of the best collections of poetry I've ever read. That book will undoubtedly be making an appearance on my best-of list at the end of the year. I also read a book that reminded me why reading and writing is important (Stephen King's On Writing), visited the land of trashy romance, and reread one of my new favorite books, American Gods. Neil Gaiman, by the way, is still the master.

March looks to be an interesting reading month. I decided to give Faulkner another go around, so I'm reading one of his novels right now. I've also got a lot of poetry books and romances stacked up in various corners of my bookshelves. Should be a good one!

What were your favorite reads of February, and what books do you hope to tackle in March?

2 comments:

  1. I have an increasingly large pile of library books on my desk that I hope to get to in March: The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths, Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian, The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman, The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum, Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Schoemperlen, and One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde, which comes out next Tuesday(!!).

    I'm in the middle of The Lost City of Z by David Grann right now, and it has me entirely captivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, do let me know how you like The Imperfectionists. It sounds super-intriguing. It's on my to-read list, but I'm not sure when I'll finally get to it.

    I've heard that The Lost City of Z is quite good. I might have to add that one to my reading list, as well.

    ReplyDelete