Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 2011 in Review

Total Pages Read in May: 1,301

It's been a slow reading month.  I read fewer pages and books than in any other month this year.  It was for a good reason, though.  I was out of town for a week at the end of June to visit friends in Kansas, and I didn't touch a book the whole time I was gone.  Losing more than a full week to the trip and its preparation cost me precious reading time, but it was time well spent with people I love.

I read a couple books I really loved this month, including one of Markus Zusak's older novels.  Rumor has it that Zusak will be releasing a new book this fall (in the UK and Australia, at least), which I am SUPER EXCITED about, obviously.

Overall, a pretty good reading month.  July promises to be even better.  I'm currently in the middle of Wuthering Heights, a book I will have a lot to say about by the time I finish it.  You can't quite imagine this book; it's so different from everything else out there.  I have some books by favorites Neil Gaiman and Alice Hoffman on my desk, too.  I can't wait to get to all this great stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Have you not read Wuthering Heights before? It was required reading my Sr. year of high school. It's so twisted. Those Bronte sisters sure knew how to make a story dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I made it through high school and four years of being an English major without once reading Wuthering Heights. I think my profs were always more Jane Austen people than Bronte people. It is one bizarre book.

    ReplyDelete