Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 2011 in Review

Total Pages Read in May: 2,104

What a successful reading month!  I read more pages in July than any other month yet this year, and I enjoyed all but one of them.  Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

There was one misstep this month in the form of a book club read, Three Cups of Tea, that I really didn't like.  But the rest of the month was filled with books that really required me to think and work for my love, and they were all worth it.  Wuthering Heights, some Neil Gaiman and Alice Hoffman, a new Loretta Chase, and the amazing A Visit from the Goon Squad - what more could a girl ask for? 

I'm not sure what August has in store, as I will be going back to school at the end of the month.  I do know that in the next week or two, you will hear me go on and on about a new F. Scott Fitzgerald book entitled A Short Autobiography, in which Fitz's best essays are put in chronogical order to show a linear personal account of his life.  I've been anxiously awaiting this book since February, so I am pumped to finally read it.  I'm sure I will be fitting at least one more Alice Hoffman book as well.  And maybe another romance or two.  See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you're not coming down to UAH next month. It would be awesome to have you so close by!

    ReplyDelete